May 16, 2023• Proven solutions
Memes have become a central part of many online conversations. They pop up a lot on social media, especially platforms such as Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook. People even converse with each other using meme keyboards.
With memes taking over popular culture, you may want to make a meme for yourself. By using a meme maker, you can do just that! Here is a look at the top 10+ best meme maker online options that you can use for free.
10+ Best Meme Makers Online
1. Filmora Free Meme Generator
Filmora meme maker is a totally free meme generator without a watermark. Also, you don't need to sign up or log in first to use it. It supports importing images, GIFs, and videos in one place. Just drag and drop to import, so easy to use. More importantly, if you want to select a white or black background to input the caption, Filmora meme maker can help you quickly. Changing text size, color and position is also available. After editing is done, just one click to export your work within a few seconds. You can also freely upload to social media platforms, like FB and IG.
- Place text anywhere (inside and outside of image)
- Support exporting to popular image and video formats, including jpg, png, gif, mp4
- It is totally free to use, no subscription or cost
3. Wondershare PixStudio
Wondershare PixStudio owns massive templates that can help you create your memes easily. You can feel free to upload your image and start to design it with text, colors and filters to the images.
- Free and easy to use.
- Ability to create memes with your images.
- Option to add filters to images for your memes.
- Option to change font and text color.
Quickmeme is the best meme maker option for anyone who wants a simple experience, without too many frills. You can check out featured memes, which show you the most popular ones right now.
All you need to do to create a meme is go on “upload a funny” to start from scratch. If you want to select a famous picture and add your own text, you can do so using the “caption a meme” option.
- Create a meme with your own images or famous images.
- Login with Facebook to set up your account and save the memes you create.
One of the most popular tools for creating memes, MemeGenerator is the meme maker online that you can use when you want to add some funny captions to images. You can check out all the popular images that are being used to create memes by other people.
If you want to create a meme with one of those images, simply click on them or you can choose “create” to start making a meme with your own image or character.
- Create memes with custom images or characters.
- Add your own text to famous meme images.
- Send and share memes through the site.
Imgur is mostly known as an image hosting platform. People will host images on Imgur so they can share them with friends or on social media. But there is also a meme creation tool that you can use on the site.
All you need to do is select one of the default images on the site, or use your own, and you can add the text that you want. Selecting the text to put at the top and bottom of the image is very easy with Imgur.
- Takes under a minute to create a meme with your own image or pre-selected ones.
- Imgur also offers an image hosting service.
7. Make a Meme
When you go on Make a Meme, you will immediately see images of all the most famous memes from around the world. You can click on those images, where you get an interface asking for the top text, bottom text, and your custom title. Then you click on “make a meme” and your image is ready.
You can even upload your own image and then add text to it in a similar way. You have the option to preview your memes before you create them as well.
- Create memes from custom images or popular ones.
- Add top and bottom text easily.
- Create custom meme titles.
- Preview memes before making them.
Livememe is a meme generator that is very straightforward to use. When you visit the homepage, you will see a few selected images that are very popular. Click on the “create a meme” button and you will get a drop down menu that is thumbnails of all the popular memes.
You may select any of those images to create your own meme, or upload your own image and add the relevant text. You can save the image on your computer and even share it through the site.
- Includes nearly every popular meme as preselected images.
- Ability to create custom image memes.
- Easily share created memes.
Unlike other sites, Canva goes a step further and gives you professionally created templates that you can use for your memes. There are over a million stock photos available to you. It is a much larger selection than other sites.
But you can also upload your own image, add relevant text and then create the meme.
- Large collection of stock images.
- Ability to create memes with your own images.
- Option to add filters to images for your memes.
- Option to change font and text color.
iLoveIMG is one of the easiest sites to use if you want to create a meme. The homepage will let you upload an image or select a meme template to get started.
Text boxes are already present, but you can edit them with your own text and see exactly how they would look. If you want to add more lines of text, you can do that as well.
It is even possible to add an image on top of one image to take your meme game to a whole new level!
- Easy meme creation with uploaded or custom images.
- Ability to add more than two lines of text.
- Option to add an image on top of the existing image.
11. Meme Creator
With Meme Creator, you can recreate existing memes with the text of your choice, or upload images to make custom memes.
The site is very easy to use, which does not require you to create an account, and is completely free. It is possible to adjust the text size and color when you are using this meme generator, which is not always an option on these free tools.
Within a minute, you will have the custom meme that you can share with friends!
- Use preexisting and custom images for memes.
- Adjust the color and font size of both top and bottom text.
Want to create a meme from images that already have become popular memes? Now you can do so with DIYLOL. All you need to do is pick the preexisting image that you like best, add your top and bottom text, and you are ready to go.
You can even adjust the font color and size for the top and bottom text. Then you can download the image to share with friends and family.
- Easy tool to create memes from preexisting images.
- Ability to adjust font size and color.
By using an online meme maker, you have the ability to create your own memes whenever you want. All you need is a source image and your idea for the text. Within minutes, the meme generator you are using will have your meme ready to download. Then you can share it with friends and save it on all your devices. And the best part is that you can do all of this with a meme maker online that is completely free!
Ollie Mattison is a writer and a lover of all things video.
Follow @Ollie Mattison
Creating a meme using Canva's meme generator is free and easy. With our drag-and-drop editor, you can customize your meme with zero restrictions—no watermarks, no font restrictions, and flexible templates. In just a few clicks, bring your quirkiness into your design using our meme maker.What is the free website to make memes? ›
Creating a meme using Canva's meme generator is free and easy. With our drag-and-drop editor, you can customize your meme with zero restrictions—no watermarks, no font restrictions, and flexible templates. In just a few clicks, bring your quirkiness into your design using our meme maker.Is there a free meme app? ›
Available for: iOS & Android
Mematic is a user-friendly meme maker app. With this app, creating memes becomes a breeze. One standout feature of Mematic is its custom meme generation, which allows you to use images from your device's camera roll as backgrounds for your memes.
|9GAG||Android||Get creative with meme-making in website|
|Memedroid||Android||Active online community of gifs and memes lovers|
|Simple Meme Generator||Android||Customize color, texts and fonts|
|Mematic||iOS||A tenor search option for you|
The bottom line is that, thanks to fair use, you can create and share memes on the internet without fear of being sued. But be warned, you can find yourself slapped with a lawsuit for using someone else's copyrighted meme if you're using it to try and advertise something or raise money for a campaign.How can I make a meme with my own picture? ›
- Upload your photo (or video) The first step in getting your creative meme-making juices flowing only requires that you head over to Clideo's Meme Generator tool. ...
- Get your meme on. Now you're in the editor, it's time to get creative! ...
- Download and save.
Memes created in Mematic can also be customized with different fonts and colors, stickers, and more fun items. While Mematic is free to download and use, you'll get the most out of it with a Pro subscription that starts at $3 a month.Does anyone own a meme? ›
Generally, only the owner of the original copyright work can make adaptations and so it is usually this owner who can enforce the copyright in memes. Therefore, unless a meme is made by the person who owns copyright in the existing photograph or video, the meme may technically be an infringement of copyright.How do I make a meme in my browser? ›
- Upload your file. Open Online Meme Creator by Clideo in any browser and on any device. ...
- Create your own meme. After the file is uploaded to the website, select an appropriate template, enter funny text or emojis and align it as you like. ...
- Save the meme.
The animated, musical Hampsterdance website of 1998 was one of the internet's first memes. It was a time when a certain purer kind of internet humor could survive: impossibly wholesome, addictively repetitive, and completely inscrutable.