Armor Shield IX
Proteam Hydro Coating
Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating
Armor Shield IX
Proteam Hydro Coating
Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating
If there’s anything bicycle enthusiasts and professionals love, that would be a clean bike with a shiny and protected surface. There are many products specially designed for bicycle application that clean and protect the bike frame, derailleurs, tires, and all other bicycle parts. Today we have innovative products that use nano-technology with extended durability and service life. Most of them are very easy to apply and only require adequate prep work and patience for optimal efficiency.
To help you decide on the right product for your bicycle, we created this Buyer’s Guide for bicycle ceramic coating for 2020 and beyond. Among numerous paint protectants, we managed to narrow our selection down to 10 best products.
Before we start, it might be helpful to become familiar with the benefits of ceramic coatings. If you’re a seasoned pro, go ahead and jump directly to our top 10 ceramic coatings for bicycle reviews.
Buying Guide For The Best DIY Bicycle Ceramic Coating
What Are the Benefits of a Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic coatings are also known as nano-ceramic coatings, glass coatings, quartz coatings, silica coatings, or hydrophobic coatings. The ceramic part of their name refers to the technology or chemical compounds they use in their formulation. In this case, we’re talking about innovative SiO2 technology which creates a hard and clear protective layer. These shield-like properties are actually the superpowers of ceramic coatings including:
1. Exceptional Protection:
As we mentioned, ceramic coatings are layers that safeguard the treated area against all sorts of harmful contaminants and pollutants. Thanks to the exceptional strength of the coat that forms and bonds to the surface, ceramic coatings outperform all other forms of protection such as waxes and paint sealants. Ceramic coatings also have anti-scratch properties which means that they can protect your bike against small stone paint chips and scratches.
2. Reduces the Potential of UV damage, Oxidation, or Rust:
Ceramic coatings have the ability to shield the surface against harmful and damaging UV sun rays. Over time, UV leads to surface oxidation and fading of paint, and those are changes that can be noticed. However, UV can also create damage that is not noticeable to the eye. Those are micro-scratches and damages that become places where UV rays, water, and dirt can enter which can lead to rust formation if neglected.
3. Longer Lasting and Cost-Effective:
New and innovative formulations are also created to last longer than traditional surface protectants. This further means that you will spend less money and your precious time on additional products for bicycle maintenance.
4. An Exceptional Finish:
The aesthetic side of a ceramic coating or the high shine and gloss they give to a surface is superb. The hydrophobic properties of ceramic coatings and their unique formulation provide an exceptional finish. These water-repellent coatings also make cleaning your bicycle easier and faster because they prevent water, dirt, bird droppings, tree sap, and other pollutants from clinging to the bicycle surface.
5. Can be Used on Any Porous Surface:
Once again, the advanced technology of ceramic coatings makes them ideal for application on various types of porous surfaces including paint, metal, glass, plastic, head and tail lights, trims, wheels, and more.
Are There Different Types of Ceramic Coatings?
Yes, there are. It all comes down to their chemical composition. Most products are easy to apply and can be used as DIY solutions and for professional applications.
1. SiO2 Infused
These ceramic coatings are liquid formulations that have the highest content of SiO2 which is their key compound.
2. Hybrid Solutions
Hybrid solutions are liquid coatings that typically come in the form of sprays. They have a lower percentage of SiO2 which makes them less durable than ceramic coatings.
Breaking Down the Ceramic Coating Costs
Different types of ceramic coatings have different price tags. Needless to say, a higher price does not always equal the best protection. Our recommendation is to always go for the best value-price proposition.
Products under $30 are usually ceramic coating sprays which nonetheless provide a great level and duration of paint protection and shine.
$30 to $60:
This price range belongs to both spray ceramic coatings and liquid ceramic coatings which have a longer service life and durability.
Ceramic coatings from this price range provide optimal ceramic protection for the longest time period.
Top 10 DIY Ceramic Coatings For Bicycles Reviews
Explaining the Ranking System
We selected the top DIY bicycle ceramic coatings based on four major categories. Those are:
1. The quality of the product
Product quality is determined by its chemical composition and implemented technology. It is directly related to product durability and level of protection.
2. Consumer feedback
Customer reviews shape our buying decisions as they contain valuable information about the product, product experience, before and after images, shipping times, company’s customer services. In other words, the entire customer journey.
Product price also affects our purchases and it’s often the decisive factor. It is always a good idea to estimate product value compared to its price.
Please note that the prices that you’ll find in our Buyer’s Guide are those we found at the time of creating the post. Therefore, please check for the latest product prices on the links below.
4. Online presence
Online presence and the way companies interact and engage with their online community are essential parts of today’s digital world and economy.
AvalonKing Armor Shield IX DIY Kit
- Wraparound tread gives a rugged look and increases puncture resistance
- Deep two-step sipes extend tread life and increase performance on wet roads
- Tiered side grooves for more predictable cornering.Max Single Load(lbs):2601
- 7-8% wider footprint than the competition for increased road contact and grip
- 4 ply construction
Proteam Bicycle Care Hydro Coating
- Unlike any wax you’ve ever used before: In order to create a product that offers the shine,...
- First ever Hyperwax: A Hyper wax combines the ease of use, shine, depth and clarity of a wax...
- Latest in gel suspension technology: Hydro slick uses the latest in SiO2 gel suspension technology...
- Hydrophobic water beading: Hydro slick uses ceramic SiO2 nanotechnology to seal the pores of your...
- Year round protection: The durable shield helps protect against road grime, water spots, industrial...
Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray Coating
- Super hydrophobic and SiO2 polymers deliver water repelling, water sheeting, and chemical resistant...
- Simply spray on a clean dry car, spread and remove with a folded microfiber cloth; for best...
- Adds a brilliant mirror-like shine that enhances the depth of colour and finish by reducing water...
- Can be used in direct sunlight and on all exterior surfaces including glass, headlights, trim and...
GL Coatings Ecocoat Bike
- 10+ YEARS OF HAPPY CUSTOMERS – Chemical Guys invented the snow foam! We've been selling snow foams...
- A WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF FOAM – The key to a clean car or a complete detail starts with a great wash....
- BUCKET, FOAM GUN OR CANNON – Whether you are washing with a wash mitt and bucket, a foam gun...
- BEGINNER AND PROFESSIONAL DETAILER FRIENDLY – Chemical Guys makes products for beginners and...
- CONCENTRATED – A little bit goes a long way. Just add 1-3 oz. of Watermelon Snow Foam to a 5...
Wax is Dead Bike Ceramic Coating
- Easy to use kit combines everything needed for the perfect car wash
- Wash away dirt and grime with heavy duty bucket, slick wash soap, and soft wash mitt
- Choose Mr. Pink for light duty cleanings, or Citrus Wash & Gloss for heavy duty dirt, bugs, and...
- Control abrasive dirt and debris with Dirt Trap insert to reduce swirls and scratches
- Wash away brake dust and road grime with Diablo Wheel Gel
Coating Farm Cycle-Guard Pro
- FOAMING CLEANER FOR YOUR WHEELS & RIMS - Oxygen-infused cleaners and slick lubricants in Diablo...
- WASH AWAY HARMFUL BRAKE DUST & ROAD GRIME - Diablo Gel Wheel And Rim Cleaner lifts away stuck-on...
- PRESERVE YOUR SENSITIVE WHEEL & RIM FINISHES - Brake dust and road filth are not just ugly, they...
- SAFELY CLEAN ANY TYPE OF WHEEL WITHOUT SCRATCHING - Unlike other wheel cleaners, Diablo Wheel Gel...
- NON-CAUSTIC FORMULA WON’T HARM OTHER CAR PARTS - Diablo Wheel Gel is gentle, non-caustic, and safe...
GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Light
- ☑️ Best possible swirl mark and chemical resistance from a prosumer grade product.
- ☑️ Provides paint protection with previously un-achievable levels of gloss, durability, scratch...
- ☑️ Compared to standard ceramic coatings, Crystal Serum forms a relatively thick combined film...
- ☑️ Considered the thickest, most durable true ceramic coating in the industry. A coating so hard...
- ☑️ When applied correctly it can last for up to 5 years.
The Last Coat Ceramic Coating
- ✅CERAMIC COATING: This ceramic spray coating will give extremely high gloss and amazing...
- ✅LONG LASTING SURFACE PROTECTION: Ceramic coating & car wax kit with unreal hydrophobic...
- ✅DESIGNED TO KEEP SURFACES LOOKING NEW: Ceramic wax can be used on most exterior surfaces...
- ✅FIRST AND LAST COAT: Durable protective car wax is formulated using advanced science, it forms a...
- ✅WORLD CLASS QUALITY PRODUCTS: This ceramic car spray coating is made of high-quality materials...
TriNova Ceramic Spray Coating
There are many advantages to ceramic coating your bicycle. The paint of the frame and other coated parts get exceptional protection from various environmental impacts. Contaminants, dirt, and water are prevented from sticking on the surface which makes cleaning and maintenance faster and easier. All of these points contribute to the overall cycling performance and experience, and certainly boost the feeling of pride when riding your precious two-wheeler. We believe that all products on our list can help you achieve these effects. Now, put on your protective gloves and get down to business. We know how eager you are to get started!